phpBB2 by Przemo
Support forów phpBB2 modified by Przemo

FAQFAQ - PIERWSZA POMOC!!  regulaminREGULAMIN  SzukajSZUKAJ  UżytkownicyUżytkownicy  GrupyGrupy  StatystykiStatystyki
RejestracjaRejestracja  ZalogujZaloguj  DownloadDownload  katalog Forów DyskusyjnychKatalog Forów   FAQ Video tutoriale

Poprzedni temat «» Następny temat
A few stupid questions...
Autor Wiadomość
Brian.J
Gość
Wysłany: 10-05-2004, 00:16   A few stupid questions...

Hi,

Dziekuje bardzo for making my life easier.

As an amateur web developer I was left a bit in the dark when it came to BB's and the like. Downloading PHPBB 2.0.8a was the first time I ever had dealings with BB's, and I kind of accepted that I was in for a steep learning curve...plus lots of late nights!! :zdziwko:

Having downloaded and installed PHPBB2 by Przemo I can now sleep easier! So versatile...so easy to use and configure, I was amazed :super:

One small question though, how do you get the FOLDERS in images/avatars/gallery to show on the drop down menu in ACP>User Admin>Avatar control panel>>SHOW GALLERY>>Avatar gallery :szok: :zawstydzony:

I know this question is aked MANY times and yes I have read the FAQ, searched this forum, checked my paths and directory structure, 777 etc...and I still can't get it to work :zalamany:

99.99999 / 100 :o k:

Any suggestions welcome!!

Gadatliwa Kasia 

Przemo

Wysłany: 10-05-2004, 01:10   

Hello
I don't understand what your problem is? :) What about your avatars' gallery?
If you want to create a gallery, copy images to /images/avatars/gallery/some_categorie/

Brian.J
Gość
Wysłany: 10-05-2004, 10:59   

Hi Przemo

the avatar galleries will not show in the drop down menu when you try to select an Avatar gallery.

I have checked my directory structure, 'chmod'ed my files and folders to 777, read the FAQ, searched this forum and the PHPBB forum etc. It's probably something really stupid that I'm not doing.....any suggestions??

many thanks....

Przemo

Wysłany: 10-05-2004, 12:25   

Put a directly link to the one of avatar from your gallery

Brian.J
Gość
Wysłany: 10-05-2004, 13:10   Panic over

Hi Przemo

panic over ! It was me being DUMB :zawstydzony:

ALL is well, many thanks for trying to help... :D

Brian.j
Gość
Wysłany: 11-05-2004, 00:03   Keeping on Topic...

As I worked today I came accross a few things that puzzled me [not too hard] :| and are still pzzling me know some 6 hours later. Here's a list:

How do I change or add a colour to a group that appears in the "who is online" block?

In the same block I see that [Administrator] is Orange and [Moderator] Blue. I have added a group [Super moderator] it doesn't appear in the block and if it did how do I change its colour?

On this page [http://www.przemo.org/phpBB2/index.php?page=list] you mention at the very bottom of the page :

It's not all, a bit of add-ons are not listed above.
The most important add-ons is manage/enable/disable via Admin Control Panel. By default 50% add-ons are disable.
You must see it !

Where or what is 'manage/enable/disable' ??

Many thanks for your patience :zawstydzony: :looka:

P.S : Would you like some help with the English language pack, it's OK but could do with some POLISHING....excuse the Pun [if that's what it is ;) ]

Przemo

Wysłany: 11-05-2004, 01:24   

Yeap I have problems with english :) But we work on it :)
Cytat:
How do I change or add a colour to a group that appears in the "who is online" block?
You cannot do it. If you really want to change colours, try to install "colour groups"; But it is very complicated.
Cytat:
Can you see it in the admin control panel? Try to compare with the originall configuration :)

leking

Wysłany: 11-05-2004, 06:14   

Cytat:
It's not all, a bit of add-ons are not listed above.
The most important add-ons is manage/enable/disable via Admin Control Panel. By default 50% add-ons are disable.
You must see it !

i think he means that the most important add-ons are managable via the admip panel, so that if you want, you can basically make it the original phpbb if you wanted too. but i cant see why you would.

Brian.j
Gość
Wysłany: 11-05-2004, 11:13   

Thanks Leking and Przemo,

I will have a look at installing 'Group colours', you say it's complicated Przemo? Guess the learning curve starts here :D

Please don't think I was remarking that your English is bad, it's not. VERY good infact :o k: Although I think that some of the MOD descriptions in the ACP could do with some work.
If I wanted to alter some of these descriptions, in what file are they located?

Many thanks for your help :D

Folken

Wysłany: 11-05-2004, 11:17   

Kod:
.../language/lang_english/lang_admin.php

and etceatera ;)

Gadatliwa Kasia 

Brian.j
Gość
Wysłany: 11-05-2004, 21:58   

Folken napisał/a:
Kod:
.../language/lang_english/lang_admin.php

and etceatera ;)

I've had a look at these files and it all seems to be in order, in fact the English is better than what I writes. :)

However when I access my ACP and go to : General Admin>Configuration >Setting: Additional > I am confronted with :

"Tracking subjects
It includes tracking not read subjects for every user, after he perusal subject it stops he to be appointed as read
Attention!, function this is very comfortable treat near users peck (especially visitor forum seldom) a lot of places occupy in database. Average near 50 active users and totality 500 only schedule read_history in database occupies about 5 mb. To cleaning, fuction below."
:/

What file contains this phrase and other similar like :

Registered users it can not look through no part of forum

Hope I can help? :zdziwko:

Odpowiedz do tematu